Quest is a statewide competition for secondary level students, grades 8-12. Participants receive awards for outstanding performances in various categories related to language arts and receive medals and awards for outstanding performances.
Note these key dates for 2018 Quest:
January 1st: Registration open for schools
January 10th: Registration opens for students
January 20th: Online prompts sent to students
February 5th: Due date for writing contest submissions
Please note these important details about the upcoming Quest competition:
- This next QUEST competition will be held at Weber State University in Ogden on February 22, 2018. Registration opens December 20, 2017, and ends about a month before QUEST is held. To register, use the button below.
- Beginning this year, competition in many of our writing prompts will be held online via electronic submissions. Prompts will be sent out before the Quest competition at Weber State to students on January 20th and they will be due for judging and submission on February 5th. If your students want to participate in these contests, you must register for Quest immediately!
- Schools are required to bring adult judges (1 for every 10 students) to help facilitate the competition. Schools are encouraged to bring more volunteer judges than the required ratio, if possible.
- There is a cap on how many students may attend. Public schools may only register up to 50 students and private/charter schools may only register up to 40 students. Junior highs may bring up to five (5) 8th grade students. The 8th graders may participate in ONE event and observe the two other events.
- Students can compete in one of nineteen competition categories; view the list and descriptions of these categories in the article below.
- The 2018 reading list is posted in the article below. (Note that this list is the same as the list that was scheduled to be used in 2017 but was pushed to this coming year.)
To receive further information, including a list of previous winners, sample writing, and sample tests, contact our Quest chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.